The Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Learning Division supports teaching and learning to enhance the efforts of all schools, thus enabling students to perform at their highest levels of achievement. The goal of the division is to help all students reach their maximum learning potential. Teachers and leaders focus on providing curriculum, instruction, and professional learning that are rigorous, integrated, and aligned. A strategic planning process is utilized that is focused on how teachers plan, instruct, assess, and reflect. Contributing to the work of the division and influencing the teaching and learning process are our system’s mission, vision, core values, and beliefs; our shared, instructionally focused leadership, our professional learning opportunities; and the input and support of our students, families, and community.
The Curriculum, Instruction, and Professional Learning Division will
- Promote and participate in collaboration with all stakeholders to target achievement goals for students, schools, and the district;
- Provide instructional support to all schools;
- Support school improvement initiatives for each school and the district as a whole;
- Provide direction and support for resources that support classroom instruction;
- Facilitate needs based instruction through remediation and enrichment models;
- Coordinate activities that support student involvement, exploration to include the arts, technology, and career/technical education.