The priority of School Counselors is to provide support to students, families, and school communities in order to increase student achievement by addressing social, emotional, and behavioral needs. At each school level, the school counselors provide age appropriate intervention and guidance for school success and aid in preparing the students for the next level in their academic or career goals. School counseling programs consist of the following activities:
Complex Counselors- Brenda Franco, Darlene Bateman and Elaine Hite
Campus Counselors - Ashley Wood, Heidi Allen and Kendra Arnold
- Individual and small group counseling.
- Classroom guidance activities and Character Education.
- Consultation with parents and staff.
- Parent education regarding numerous topics (i.e. bullying, college requirements, etc.).
- Work in cooperation with the family engagement coordinators and social workers as a liaison between home and school.
- Make referrals to the Department of Family and Children’s Services.
- Act as clinical liaison to public and private mental health providers.
- Provide college and career lessons and guidance to all students.
|Ashley Wood||CHS Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org||706-629-9213|
|Heidi Allen||CMS Counseloremail@example.com||706-602-7694|
|Darlene Bateman||CPS/CES Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org||706-602-6647|
|Kendra Arnold||CHS Counseloremail@example.com||706-602-6779|
|Brenda Franco||CPS Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org||706-602-6681|
|Elaine Hite||CES Counseloremail@example.com||706-602-6771|