Work Based Learning
What is Work Based Learning?
- It is a valuable program that provides opportunities to students to explore their chosen career pathway by getting "on the job" training outside of the four walls of the classroom.
- It gives students a realistic view of working and helps them decide if the career they have chosen is truly what they want to pursue. This can save parents a lot of money for college tuition on a career that the students may decide they don't want to pursue after working in the real world.
- It helps students to develop responsibility at their workplace and learn proper work ethic.
- The hours the students work are based on the individual student's schedule. Students must have at least two periods available in their schedule to participate.
- Must be a Junior or a Senior
- Must have at least an 80 overall GPA
- Excellent attendance and disipline record
- Must have at least 2 teacher recommendations
- Must meet the requirements of courses outlined by the State of Georgia for their placement in Work Based Learning
- Employer Evaluations = 40%
- Portfolio Assignments = 40%
- Soft Skills = 20%
Director: Kelly Fuquea