Calhoun Aquatic Center is currently hiring for the following positions: Office Staff, Swim Instructors, and Lifeguards. Interested individuals should send a resume and letter of interest to Dr. Michelle Palmer at email@example.com.
Office Staff Position:
Seeking an individual who is available to work on the weekends and can work, as needed, during the weekdays as a substitute. Duties include:
- Ensures clean, tidy, and welcoming locker rooms, fitness rooms, and all areas of facility
- Ensures towels and amenities are properly maintained and present
- Ensures courteous and positive attitudes to members and respectful of their privacy in the locker rooms
- Works alongside CAC and NWGA staff to complete tasks through leading by example to improve a member's experience
- Proactively interacts with all members and gather all feedback
- Responds to member feedback with urgency and provides follow up communications with solutions
- Responsible for maintaining the daily duties: membership dues, concession sales, lockers, laundry, facility, swim lesssons, etc.
- Completes data entry within Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, etc.
- Completes informational documents for distribution, communication, and publication
- Takes photos and writes PR announcements for activities conducted during work hours
- Provides high quality customer service to all constituents
- Completes work tasks in a timely and accurate manner with attention to detail
- Handles monies with accuracy and in accordance to local, state, and federal guidelines
- Monitors the facility, member actions, and programs related to the CAC and NWGA
- Collects dues and fees as appropriate to the CAC and NWGA
- Enforces CAC rules and guidelines
- Opens and secures the facility as needed and based on the CAC schedule of activities
- Reports member concerns, maintenance issues, etc. to the appropriate school and CAC personnel
- Communicates information, as appropriate, to facility rental groups for events and parties
- Supervises and directs lifeguards on duty
- Completes other duties as directed by supervisor
- Ability to be regularly, predictably, and reliably at work
Rate of Pay: $15/hr
Work Schedule: Variable (special events)
Swim Lesson Instructor:
- Compensation: Timesheet / part-time / hourly
- Work Schedule: Variable
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be at least 15 years of age and pass the State of Georgia Criminal Background Check
- Ability to work independently and possess energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to positively interact with the general public.
- Previous aquatic experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of and the ability to demonstrate skills in swim lessons instruction
- Ability to demonstrate skills as required for class content and use teaching aids such as kickboards, diving rings, lifejackets, etc.
- Preferred (not required) Certifications: Current Red Cross Lifeguard Certification and CPR/First Aid Certification
Interested individuals should complete the online classified application at www.calhounschools.org and submit a letter of interest and/or resume to Dr. Michelle Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call 706-602-6628 regarding questions related to employment.
Thank you for your support of the CAC,
Dr. Michelle Palmer
Community Education Director
Calhoun City Schools
334 South Wall Street