Driver's education prepares a new driver to obtain a learner's permit or driver's license.
Driver’s Education: Traditional Course2023 Course Dates & Times:
Location: Calhoun High School
|Monday, January 16||8:30am-3:30pm|
|Saturday, January 21||8:30am-3:30pm|
|Sunday, January 22||1:00pm-6:00pm|
|Saturday, January 28||8:30am-3:30pm|
|Sunday, January 29||1:00pm-5:00pm|
*Must attend all classes in person for course credit.
- Age requirement:
- Students must be 15 years old before driving instruction can begin, but may enroll in the class portion at age 14.
- Certified course meets Joshua’s Law and insurance reduction.
Joshua’s Law: as of January 1, 2007 - All 16-year olds are required to complete a certified driver education course before they can obtain their license or wait until the age of 17 to receive a driver's license.
- Class Location:
- Calhoun High School
Online Driver's Education: 30 hours course
*Must log 30 hours online for course credit
Behind The Wheel *Only* with a certified driving instructor
*Must have completed a 30 hours online Driver's Ed course and received a certificate.
*Must drive with a certified driving instructor for 6 hours for course credit.
Calhoun Community Education is a proud authorized provider for the Georgia Driver's Education Grant Scholarship program sponsored by the Georgia Driver's Education Commission. All high school students in Georgia will be able to apply directly for driver's education opportunities due to a new grant scholarship program created by Georgia Driver's Education Commission. Georgia residents between ages 15-17 years old actively enrolled in school possessing a valid driving permit are eligible for the student driver's scholarship program. Students who enroll in the program will have at least 30 hours of classroom training and six hours of training behind the wheel.
- GA Driver's Education Grant Scholarship Program Brochure
- GA Driver's Education Grant Scholarship Program Criteria
*To apply for the Georgia Driver's Education Grant Scholarship, click application and click the link "student login."
- Enter the username "student" and password "student" to login and begin.
- Once approved, students must email a copy of their driver's license and the redemption code to Jessica Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Driver Training School Program Certification No: DT357