Driver's Ed/Defensive Driving
Driver's Education is intended to supplement the knowledge obtained from government-printed driving handbooks or manuals and prepares students for tests to obtain a driver's license or learner's permit. In-car instruction places a student in a vehicle with an instructor. Joshua’s Law that as of January 1, 2007, requires all 16 year olds to complete a certified driver education course before they can obtain their license or wait until the age of 17 to receive your license.
Next Traditional Class: May 2018 *Must attend all classes for course credit
Dates: Tuesday, May 29-June 1
Location: Calhoun High School Room AL16
Cost: $290 ($75 deposit required)
Defensive Driving is driving to save lives, time, and money in spite of the conditions around you and the actions of others. Defensive Driving protects us from what is happening around us. Developing defensive driving habits means:
- Making safe and legal driving decisions
- Creating a safe, stree-free personal driving space in and around your vehicle
- Driving to your destination safely - without a ticket or a crash, and without affecting other drivers' safety
- Practicing common sense, courtesy, and cooperations
- Recognizing the risks of hazardous driving behaviors and conditions.
Next Class: March 5 & 6
Location: Calhoun High School Room AL22
For more information on Defensive Driving Course