Peachjar Flyer Guidelines
Calhoun City School System is transitioning flyers from paper to electronic where applicable via the Peachjar system. This transition will increase the ease of communication between the schools, parents and students.
No action is required on your part. You should have already received a welcome email from Peachjar that includes a username and password. This is provided to give you the opportunity to manage your account and flyer delivery preferences. You do not need to login to receive or view eflyers. You can opt out of receiving emails at any time, or select the frequency of email notifications. The flyers can always be viewed by clicking on the Peachjar button on your school's website.
To ensure smooth delivery of this communication, we suggest you add “email@example.com” to your email contacts. Note: add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your contact list just as written; do not change it to the name of your school @peachjar.com. When you receive your first eflyer, be sure to click “always display images.”
This system is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Your email address will not be shared or used for any other purpose. If you need additional technical support please call Peachjar at (877) 402-1786.
Enrichment Providers/Community Organizations:
• Visit www.peachjar.com
• Register as an Enrichment Provider (account type).
• Upload your flyer for approval.
• Your flyer will be automatically submitted to the Communications Department.
• District staff will review the material and approve or deny based on the standards below. If your flyer is denied, an explanation will be provided and credits will be refunded to your Peachjar account.
If needed: Peachjar Tutorial
All flyers to be distributed must:
Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
Flyer must be submitted by a Calhoun City Schools Partner in Education.
Flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous, or slanderous.
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules, or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools.
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party, or ballot measure, unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act.
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue.
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on the basis of gender, race, age, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability or other unlawful consideration.
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives, including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants, and movies or products unsuitable for children.
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy.
- Conflict with programs offered by Calhoun City Schools.
- Calhoun City Schools does not disseminate information to schools/students regarding church and/or religious organizations. Events sponsored in part or in whole by a church or religious organization may be considered for approval.
For more information on the flyer approval process please email email@example.com For technical support please contact Peachjar (877) 402-1786 or visit Peachjar’s website.
Calhoun City Schools - Free Materials Distribution in Schools
All materials distributed in the schools or through electronic means or displayed on property or in buildings owned by the school board, shall be approved by the Superintendent or designee.
This requirement shall not apply in instances where such materials are employed as a part of the school district’s classroom instructional program. Original Adopted Date: 7/21/2015
Calhoun City Schools- Advertising in the Schools
It is the policy of the Calhoun City Board of Education that endorsement of commercial products, business enterprises, or other non-school organizations or programs by any of its schools or school-sponsored clubs and organizations, whether or not for compensation, without express written approval of the Superintendent or designee is prohibited.
In keeping with this policy:
- No student or school system employee is authorized, without prior written approval, to present themselves as a representative of the school system for the purpose of advertising, or to otherwise give the appearance of supporting or endorsing on behalf of a school or the school system any business, commercial product, social institution, cause or crusade, political party or candidate, or political or social philosophy.
- No student or employee, without prior approval, shall wear or otherwise display official school uniforms, emblems, insignia, or other school or school system symbols in a way that would be reasonably interpreted as suggesting or implying school or school system support or endorsement of any business, commercial product, social institution, cause or crusade, political party or candidate, or political or social philosophy.
Nothing herein shall be construed to prevent advertising in student publications which are published by student organizations.
Solicitation of advertising or use of the school system to promote the merit of any product or service by brand name or trademark shall not be permitted by the Board.
Last Revised Date: 7/21/2015 Original Adopted Date: 9/23/2003
Policies may be views at https://simbli.eboardsolutions.com/SB_ePolicy/SB_PolicyOverview.aspx?S=4023&Sch=4023