Career, Technical & Agricultural Education
The Career, Technical, and Agriculture Education Department supports the teaching and learning of academic and technical skills needed by students to succeed in a knowledge- and skills-based economy. Career and Technical programs attempt to prepare students both for postsecondary education and the careers of their choice.
Facts about Career and Technical Involvement:
- High school students involved in CTE are more engaged, perform better and graduate at higher rates.
- 81 percent of high school dropouts say relevant, real-world learning opportunities would have kept them in high school.
- The average high school graduation rate for students concentrating in CTE programs is 93 percent, compared to an average national freshman graduation rate of 80 percent.
- More than 75 percent of secondary CTE concentrators pursued postsecondary education shortly after high school.
- Dr. Brandi Hayes, CTAE Director
- College and Career Academy
- Georgia Department of Education CTAE
- CTAE Programs
- Dual Enrollment
- Work Based Learning
Meet Dr. Hayes:
Welcome to Calhoun City Schools. My name is Brandi Hayes and this is my 17th year in education. I am married to Robert Hayes and we have two children, Holcomb (8) and Hadley (5). We are proud to call Calhoun home. We enjoy family trips to the zoo, aquarium, and beach, in addition to cheering on the Calhoun Yellow Jackets, Georgia Bulldogs, and Atlanta Falcons. I am excited to be a member of the Jacket Community!
My roles as Director of the College and Career Academy are to oversee the Career, Technical, and Agriculture Education Programs, Work-Based Learning Program, and Dual Enrollment Programs for Calhoun City Schools. Through my roles, I strive to prepare students for college and career success.
Throughout my educational career, I have taught business education and served as a Work-Based Learning Coordinator. I have taught technology courses locally and taught Work-Based Learning Endorsement Courses for the Northwest Georgia Regional Educational Service Agency. As an educator, I aspire to continually grow and actively seek opportunities to discover new and innovative strategies to help students.
Doctor of Education, Workforce Education, Leadership, & Social Foundations, University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Master of Education, Business Education, State University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA
Bachelor of Business Administration, Reinhardt College, Waleska, GA
Associate of Business Administration, Reinhardt College, Waleska, GA
Valid Georgia Certificate as a Highly Qualified Educator in the following fields:
Educational Leadership, (P-12)
Business Education, (6-12)