Calhoun City Schools will provide paid COVID LEAVE (for up to 10 days) for all employees from July 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021. This leave would be for up to 10 days of Covid leave (paid leave not sick leave) for the fiscal year 2021 - 2022 (until December 31st) for the following reasons:
- Positive Covid test requiring quarantine at full pay
- Positive Covid test of child in household and needing leave for childcare purposes at 1/2 pay
- School required quarantine of an employee's child needing leave for childcare at 1/2 pay
Do not report to work if you have been tested for COVID-19 due to potential exposure, diagnosed with COVID-19, or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
Employees must complete the following form within 24 hours of potential exposure, diagnosis of COVID-19, or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
In an effort to appropriately account for and approve Sick Leave related to COVID-19, all employees must complete the COVID-19 Reporting Form within 24 hours of the first day of leave and/or required quarantine when possible, but no later than the last day of leave. Leave should be entered in the Frontline Absence Management System as sick leave.
Additionally, all employees should immediately notify Michelle Palmer and CC your principal or department director regarding the employee leave. To assist in streamlining communication we also ask that employees include Amanda Schutz, email@example.com on the communication if school age children are in the household.
COVID test results, physician's statement to quarantine, proof of COVID test taken or similar documentation.
Voluntary Vaccination Reporting Survey for Staff
Staff may voluntarily report COVID-19 vaccination information on this survey if all required doses have been completed. This information will allow us to respond more efficiently to school personnel related to required quarantines based on CDC and local health department guidelines.
- Please note that one of the questions on the survey asks for the vaccination card to be uploaded.
Exposure and Essential Workers
CCS employees are essential workers but have specific reporting responsibilities and protocols that must be adhered to in order to work while under a mandated quarantine. Please be reminded of the related duties and responsibilities that apply if an employee is identified as a close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID:
- Complete the COVID-19 Reporting Form
- Immediately notify your principal / director and Michelle Palmer via email with the name of the person you had direct exposure, the date of the exposure, and whether or not you are having any symptoms.
- Requirements for Essential workers: A-symptomatic, fever free, wear a mask at all times, and have your temperature taken twice a day by the school nurse and complete the COVID-19 Reporting Form.