The top priority of the Transportation Department for Calhoun City Schools is to provide a safe ride to and from school for our students. Our drivers are required to attend safety meetings throughout the year with local and state trainers. They are required to pass a physical examination each year and are subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
We currently have 75 daily routes using 19 buses that provide safe and efficient transportation for more than 3,444 students each day. Our buses travel thousands of miles to provide safe service for daily transportation to and from school, field trips, and extracurricular events.
In order for our students to have a safe ride, each person plays a part. The drivers are to be prepared to drive in a safe manner making sure that the students arrive at their destination safely. The students are expected to behave in an appropriate manner on the bus without distracting the driver. The parents should have the students at the bus stop 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time for the bus to arrive. Our community must help by being patient at bus stops and obeying all flashing lights.
If we all work together, our students will have a safe ride anytime they ride the school bus.
Name Position Email Address Phone Dr. Peter Coombe Assistant Superintendent firstname.lastname@example.org 706-602-6661 Geary Cooper Transportation Supervisor email@example.com 706-602-6614
2022-2023 Morning and Afternoon Bus Schedules:
Morning Pick up Schedule:
- School buses will begin the day picking up Pre-K and Kindergarten students and delivering them to the Calhoun Early Learning Academy on Barrett Road. Pick up starts between 6:25 am and & 6:45 am. Students will be dropped off at CELA between 7:05 am and 7:15 am.
- School Buses will depart from CELA and begin their Complex routes,1st thru 6th grade students will be picked up between 7:15 am and 7:40 am. Students will be dropped off at the Complex between 7:25 am and 7:45 am.
- School Buses will depart from the Complex and begin Campus routes- 7th thru 12th grade students will be picked up between 7:35 am and 8:35 am. Students will be dropped off at the Campus between 8:00 am and 8:35 am.
A Complex or Campus student may not board the Pre-K and Kindergarten bus.
A Pre-K / Kindergarten or Campus student may not board the Complex bus.
Afternoon Drop Off Schedule:
- Buses will arrive and park in the assigned parking spot by 1:55 pm
- Buses will depart from CELA at 2:05 pm
- Buses will arrive and park in the assigned parking spot by 2:45 pm
- Buses will depart from the Complex at 3:05 pm
- Buses will arrive at the Campus following the Complex route., parking in the front of the Calhoun Middle School gym and will be loaded in the order that they arrive.
- Buses will depart from the Campus at 3:35 pm - 4:00 pm