Calhoun High School strives to provide a comprehensive curriculum with a robust offering of courses for all students. Below you will find pertinent documents which detail the course offerings at CHS and the sequencing of core academic courses. Please contact Peter Coombe, CHS Principal, with any questions or concerns at 706-602-6661 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following chart displays the number of units required for promotion and graduation based on the A/B 5 period schedule.
9TH Grade Entry August 2007 or later:
Sophomore 6 (½ unit Eng. ½ unit Math)
Junior 12 (1 ½ units Eng. 1 ½ units Math)
Senior 19 (2 ½ units Eng. 2 ½ units math)
Total Units needed to Graduate 26 (4 units each of Eng./Math/Science & 3 Units Social Studies)
In addition to the requirements set forth by the State of Georgia and the local board of education, CHS seniors must also meet the following requirements in order to participate in the graduation ceremony:
1. They must attend both graduation practices.
2. They must be clear (not owing money/fees to any department of CHS). 35
3. They must dress appropriately according to the letter sent to parents addressing graduation attire.
4. They must pay the graduation fee which covers the cost of the diploma, diploma cover, decorations, reception, and cap and gown.
5. They must complete all required courses by the end of the school day, three days prior to graduation.
Diplomas will be presented only by the CHS administration and members of the Calhoun City Board of Education.