Total Units Needed to Graduate: 26
Understanding your requirements for graduation is an important part of being successful in high school. If you have questions about your requirements, please ask your counselor.
|Math||Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Pre-Calculus or higher||4|
|English||9th Grade Literature, American Literature||4|
|Science||Biology; Physical Science or Physics; Chemistry or Environmental Science||4|
|Social Studies||World History, U.S. History, Government & Economics||3|
|Health/PE||Health and Personal Fitness (1 credit)||1|
CTAE / Foreign Language / Fine Arts
Three courses in CTAE, Foreign Language, or Fine Arts
|Electives||Additional courses in any subject area||7|
In addition to the requirements set forth by the State of Georgia and the local board of education, CHS seniors must also meet the following requirements in order to participate in the graduation ceremony:
- Must attend both graduation practices.
- Must be clear (not owing money/fees to any department of CHS).
- Must dress appropriately according to the information shared with students and parents addressing graduation attire.
- Must pay the graduation fee which covers the cost of the diploma, diploma cover, decorations, reception, and cap and gown.
- Must complete all required courses by the end of the school day, three days prior to graduation.
Diplomas will be presented only by the CHS administration and members of the Calhoun City Board of Education.
Freshmen: Entry Level
Sophomore: 6 Units (½ unit English & ½ unit Math)
Junior: 12 Units (1 ½ units English & 1 ½ units Math)
Senior: 19 Units (2 ½ units English & 2 ½ units math)
COLLEGE AND CAREER EXPLORATION REQUIREMENTS:
The Georgia Bridge Law requires all students to complete the following benchmarks for promotion/graduation. Activities will be incorporated into advisement and other courses.
- 12th grade students must identify their post-graduation plan: 4-year, 2-year, or technical college, military, apprenticeship, special purpose school, or workforce.
- 11th grade students must explore 3 postsecondary institutions that offer programs aligned with their graduation plan.
- 10th grade students need to be aware of "dual enrollment credit" programs.
- 9th grade students must investigate 3 occupations.
COLLEGE ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Please see individual college websites for specific admission requirements.
- Each student is allowed 4 college visits during high school.
- College visits are considered a field trip and do not count as an absence for the student.
- Students must complete a permission slip before their scheduled visit (preferably several days in advance).
- Student must bring a verification of the visit from the college.
- Fall, Winter, and Spring Break are great times to visit colleges.