National Beta Club
The National Beta Club began as the dream of our founder, Dr. John W. Harris, a professor at Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. Since the first Beta Club was formed in Landrum, SC in 1934, the National Beta Club has become the nation's largest independent, non-profit, educational youth organization. We are committed to recognizing and promoting high academic achievement, rewarding and nurturing worthy character, fostering leadership skills and encouraging service to others. Visit the official site: http://www.betaclub.org/
Membership is by invitation only.
Requirements to maintain membership:
- A cumulative, unrounded, academic average of 95 or higher
- No fees owed to the institution
- An attendance rate of 95% or higher for the current semester (no more than five full day absences)
- No in-school or out-of-school suspensions
- No academic dishonesty referrals
- Clearance by the club's co-sponsors and the building administrators
- Returning members must continue to meet the above criteria and must maintain an academic average of 93 or higher.
- New members must earn 6 service points for the current school year; returning members must earn 12.
- Members must pay annual club dues in order to remain in good standing.
- Members must attend a minimum of 50% of the monthly meetings
- Officer Job Descriptions
Sign up for Remind for reminders about BETA by texting @f5f to 81010
BETA CLUB OFFICERS: 2021-2022
President: Marvin Castillo
Vice President of Administration: Pamela Kplivi
Vice President of Community Service: Ella Reeves
Vice President of Public Relations: Jacob Beamer
Secretary: Kathryn Brook
Treasurer: Jocelyn Heath
Staff Sponsors: Carol Gomez (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Angie Prater (email@example.com)