National Beta Club
The National Beta Club began as the dream of our founder, Dr. John W. Harris, a professor at Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC. Since the first Beta Club was formed in Landrum, SC in 1934, the National Beta Club has become the nation's largest independent, non-profit, educational youth organization. We are committed to recognizing and promoting high academic achievement, rewarding and nurturing worthy character, fostering leadership skills and encouraging service to others. Visit the official site: http://www.betaclub.org/
Membership is by invitation only.
Requirements to maintain membership:
- a cumulative, unrounded, academic average of 95 or higher
- no fees owed to the institution
- an attendance rate of 95% or higher for the current semester (no more than five full day absences)
- no in-school or out-of-school suspensions
- no academic dishonesty referrals
- clearance by the club's co-sponsors and the building administrators
- Returning members must continue to meet the above criteria and must maintain an academic average of 93 or higher.
- New members must earn 6 service points for the current school year; returning members must earn 12.
- Members must pay annual club dues in order to remain in good standing.
- Members must attend a minimum of 50% of the monthly meetings
BETA CLUB OFFICERS: 2019
Outgoing Beta officers: Back row l-r: Brooke Landry, Aston Ensley, Bhavi Patel, Jocelyn Cisneros, Emma Kate Smith, Auysh Gupta, and Matthew Turner.
Incoming officers for 2019-2020: Front row l-r: Luke Peden Treasurer, Ella Bennett Secretery, Aurora Lopez Vice President of Public Relations, Andie Robinson Vice President of Community Service, Raj Shah Vice President of Administration, Alex Rep President.
Sign up for Remind for reminders about BETA by texting @f5f to 81010
BETA CLUB OFFICERS 2019-20
President: Alex Repp
Vice President of Administration: Raj Shah
Vice President of Community Service: Andie Robinson
Vice President of Public Relations: Aurora Lopez
Secretary: Ella Bennett
Treasurer: Luke Peden
UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Ongoing Service Point Opportunities