Career Exploration Field Trip Procedures
Definition: An education experience that allows students to learn and explore different career opportunities that cannot be learned from regular classroom participation.
Students in grades K-12 are eligible for one day each semester to use as a career exploration field trip. Students in grades 6-12 must spend 5 1/2 hours at the approved location. Students in grades 3-5 must spend 5 hours at the approved location, and students in grades K-2 must spend 4 1/2 hours.
Career Exposure Field trips must be taken outside of Calhoun City Schools. Students will be given ample opportunities to observe teachers and coaches throughout the school year.
Guidelines to receive Field Trip credit:
- The student must receive prior approval for his/her field trip by submitting a career exploration field trip request form.
- Student must provide a clear outline of the career he/she is seeking to explore and goals of the day.
- The student's parent/guardian must also sign approving the request, as well as the adult with whom the student is planning to shadow for the day.
- The field trip request will then be submitted to the principal or designee for final approval.
- Once approved, the student will notify the front office of the planned day.
- The student must provide a written follow up of the experience to the principal or designee within five school days to receive a field trip credit for that day.
- Students and/or their parents are responsible for their own transportation to and from the field trip site.
- The student and parent accept full responsibility for organizing and receiving permission from the field trip site.
- The parent accepts full responsibility for his/her student's conduct and safety on the day of the field trip.
- The school is in no way responsible for any cost incurred, as this is an elective field trip option that is not graded or required.