Formal Event Guidelines
Calhoun High School Formal Event Dress Code Guidelines and Expectations
General Information: Formal events at Calhoun High School are meant to be elegant and classy. All young men and women attending CHS formal events are expected to adhere to CHS formal dress code requirements and expected behavior expectations. Before you buy your attire please make sure it fits the following guidelines. Please note that Court/Queen attire must also meet this dress code.
Non-CHS Student Form- Permission form must be submitted for any non-CHS student who is attending a formal event with a CHS student. Once complete, forms should be submitted to Dr. Holley for final administrative approval.
Formal Events: Prom, Homecoming Court, Homecoming Dance, etc.
Guidelines for Young Women’s Attire:
- Dress length should not be shorter than finger tip length (same as school dress code)
- Strapless dresses are permitted if they fit appropriately (you should not have to continually pull dress up)
- Slits (front, back, and side) need to stop before mid-thigh/finger tip length
- Bare midriffs in excess of 1" in width are not permitted
- Side/front cutouts are not permitted
- Back of dress should not be low cut (watch the “V” and stay above the navel line)
- Bi-level dresses should meet length requirements of finger tip length
- Ballerina dresses should meet length requirements of finger tip length
Students may seek administrative approval/clarification if a student is unsure about the appropriateness of their attire. Students who arrive with attire out of dress code are subject to be asked to leave the event or change clothing. Removal from the dance may impact future school discipline action, school dance privileges, and/or including ramifications for graduation ceremonies. Parents will also be notified.
Guidelines for Young Men’s Attire:
- Shirts must be worn at all times with suits/vests/tuxedos and should not be fully unbuttoned/open during dance
- Pants should fit properly on the hips and not sag below the waistline